The 4th Annual Meeting of Korean Society for Computational Neuroscience
Date: August 20 (Monday), 2012
Place: Hana Square Auditorium, Anam Campus, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Since the ultimate goals of the Korean Society for Computational Neuroscience are to understand basic principles of information processing of the brain based on theoretical approaches and computational tools and to encourage Korean neuroscientists to share insight into how brain works, the annual meeting of our society has been designed to share recent findings in the computational neuroscience and related fields among brain scientists, psychologists, neural engineers, and medical doctors. As neurobiologists and computational neuroscientists started talking among others and working together, the annual meeting of the Korean Society for Computational Neuroscience stands at the interface, where experimental neuroscience meets theoretical, computational, and integrative neuroscience, with the hope of turning large collections of experimental results into brain dynamics and principles.
In the morning session, a couple of keynote lectures about 'computational modeling of learning and memory' will be provided, and four invited talks about various computational and theoretical issues on brain functions will be given in the afternoon session. Poster session is also prepared to encourage active discussions among researchers and students in the luncheon time.
This one-day annual meeting is financially supported by APCTP, KAIST, KIST, Korea University, and NIMS. This meeting welcomes active participation of researchers and students from interdisciplinary areas in Computational/Theoretical Neuroscience, Systems Neuroscience, Neuroinformatics, Neural Engineering, and other related fields.
- Deadline for abstract submission: Aug. 13 (Monday), 2012 (extended)
- Deadline for on-line registration: Aug. 16 (Thursday), 2012 (extended)
* Best Poster Awards *
- 김민철, 곽지현 (고려대학교 뇌공학과) - Transformation of Entorhinal Grid pattern to Hippocampal Theta Phase precession
- 류상백, 안근노, 구용숙, 김경환 (연세대학교 의공학과 / 충북대 의대) - Encoding of spatoiotemporal visual information in neuronal responses of RGCs of rd1 mice by multichannel electrical stimulation
- 김성균, 정재승 (KAIST 바이오및뇌공학과) - Complex network analysis of neuronal network of C.Elegans nervous system based on single cell attacks
- 신정규, 김준혁, 이운철, 김승환 (POSTECH 물리학과) - Coloring Brain dynaimcs: Indicator for Functional Brain state Using dynamical network backbones
- 최준호, 김준환, 허륜, 이경진 (고려대학교 물리학과) - Modulating the precision of recurrent bursts in cultured neural networks
- 황은진, 김승환, 최지현 (POSTECH / KIST) - Change of local and long-range synchronization of EEG gamma oscillations in relation to the depth of ketamine/xylazine anesthesia in Mice
- 황한정, 박선애, 임정환, 최종호, 정현교, 임창환 (한양대학교 생체의공학과) - Evaluation of Feature Extraction Methods for EEG-based Brain-Computer Interfaces in Terms of Robustness to Slight changes in Electrode location
- Erik De Schutter (OIST, Japan)
- Tomoki Fukai (RIKEN, Japan)
- Min Whan Jung (Aju Univ., Korea)
- DaeEun Kim (Yonsei Univ., Korea)
- Kyung Hwan Kim (Yonsei Univ., Korea)
- Inah Lee (SNU, Korea)
09:30 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 10:10 Opening Remarks
Focused Session - Learning & Memory
10:10 - 11:10 Erik De Schutter
Stochastic processes in spines and dendrites during learning
11:10 - 12:10 Tomoki Fukai
Implications of highly non-random features of local cortical circuits in memory
12:10 - 14:30 Lunch / Poster Session
General Session I
14:30 - 15:10 Inah Lee
Visual contextual signals in the striatum
15:10 - 15:50 Min Whan Jung
Representation of reinforcement learning-related variables in the rodent brain
15:50 - 16:10 Coffee Break / Poster Session
General Session II
16:10 - 16:50 DaeEun Kim
A Neuroethological Approach to Animal Behaviors
16:50 - 17:30 Kyung Hwan Kim
Event-related changes in neural synchrony, functional connectivity and cross-frequency coupling
17:30 - 18:00 Society Meeting
- Abstract Submission Deadline: Aug. 13 (Monday), 2012 (extended)
- Acceptance Notice: Aug. 15 (Friday), 2012 (delayed)
- You can submit the abstract in the registration page.
- Pannel Size: A0 (841mm x 1189mm)
- Early (on-line) Registration Deadline: Aug. 13 (Monday), 2012
- Registration Fee:
- On-line registration: 50,000(KRW) / 20,000(KRW) for students
- On-site registration: 50,000(KRW)
* Please note that only the receipt will be issued (tax invoice is not available).
- Payment Method : Wire-transfer
- Account Holder : Seunghwan Kim (김승환)
- Account Number : 1002-840-978039
- Bank : Woori bank (POSTECH Branch)
* Payment by credit card is not available.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Registration fee (except the transfer charge) is refundable only for the cancellation before Aug. 13 (Mon), 2012
- Click to Register (link to the registration page provided by NIMS)
The nearest subway station to the Korea University Science Campus is Anam Station(Line #6 (Brown line)).
Exit through exit #4 and walk about 100m to an entrance gate (opposite Korea University Hospital).
- E-mail: email@example.com